22 October 2010

So it's been a while between posts....

OK, it's been over a month!!!  Things just seem to happen, life gets way too busy and before you know it a month has gone by, your baby girl is about to turn one!!!  So try as I might at the moment to keep on top of things, they've had their little way and sneaked up on me.  I then find myself walking around in circles wondering where to start first.  

I guess first was Milla's turning blue episode which now has us going off to see pediatricians and cardiologists with a genetic heart condition in the family we need to have that checked off.  Coco's princess and swirly dress phase which, whilst lovely and very creative, is overwhelming when your meant to be the queen and the prince and it's from dawn to dusk every single day of the week.  Plus add the end of the hockey season (made it to the grand final but lost), school holidays with non-stop rain, final renovation painting project and then back into Coco's school activities, dance classes, swimming lessons, play group and constants requests to go to the park and to see her little best friend - yep, it's been tiring!!!  

But creatively, what have I been doing....well of late I've been doing stuff for Scrap n Craft with T and for my Best Friends Scrap Monthly Challenges and that's about it.  The energy has been completely zapped from me (it's got to be a boy) and my nana naps have taken precedence!!!  Thought I'd share some with you though so show I haven't been completely idle.

For my Scrap n Craft with T design Team work, I made this one.  I had a bit of a play with Radiant Rain Daubers and created my own patterned paper.  It was a bit of fun and experimentation and think that the whole thing has come out great.  How I've done this one is over on the Creative Girls Blog for Tanyah - check it out.  Now just need a really pink photo of the girls to use it...stay tuned for that one as the photo could take a while!!


Next came a project for my Best Friends Scrap Challenge that I procrastinated over for so long.  My best friend decided to challenge us to do a LO with layers, layers and more layers.  I knew exactly which papers I wanted to use - Crate Paper, Paper Doll Collection, but the LO was still fuzzy in the planning.  Finally I came across a photo of Coco just before we left the UK in a friends back garden, and that was just want I needed to hit the challenge with renewed enthusiasm.  I love how it all come together.  


Now having a look at these two previous LOs, you would probably think that I'm a fan of pink.  Can I, right here and right now, assure you that I'm not.  It is probably my least favourite colour of them all and one that I struggle with.  Probably not so much in the scrapping sense since it seems to pop up time and time again, but I really don't like to dress my girls in pink.  Unfortunately I'm given very little choice at Big W, Target and Kmart!!!  So for Scrap n Craft with T, I decided to scrap a photo of my pink washing line using the colour I dislike the most with the Fancy Pants, About a Girl paper range  For a step-by-step of how I did it, check out the Creative Girls Blog...but again pretty happy with how this turned out with my little cluster of embellishments down the bottom.


Now we come to the time when I'm stuck with Coco inside over the school holidays, very little time to myself and going completely bonkers.  To keep her busy, and realising Christmas isn't very far away, we decided to make some Christmas gift tags.  Again, if your interested in how to make your own, click over to the Creative Girls Blog for Scrap n Craft with T and find out how to do them...all I can say, life saver in the holidays!!!

To bring you pretty much up-to-date with what I've been doing, here is another LO that I've done for Scrap n Craft with T.  This one was using a kit, which I have actually never done before but it makes things easy when everything is coordinated for you already.  I've scrapped Milla in this one when we were playing out the back together.  She is so relaxed, always happy and I just love her smile, but once again, just can't seem to get away from pink!!!  Instructions for this is also on the Creative Girls Blog.

So there you have it.  I have more stuff coming up for Scrap n Craft with T that I'll share with you shortly and my next Best Friends Scrap Challenge involves ribbons and that will be on it's way soon too.  For now, my scrap space needs a serious clean and I need a lie down LOL.  What to do first??!!  


Till next time
A x

No comments:

Post a Comment